The sole remaining part of the extensive monastery associated with the Abbey. After the reformation, the monastic property was transferred to the ownership of the Hamilton family, then later to the Cochrane family. In 1684, Jean Cochrane was married in the Abbey to Graham of Claverhouse (Bonny Dundee). The palace of Paisley (whence the modern-day 'place') eventually fell into disrepair until it was bought back by the Abbey in 1904. Today, it houses the shop and cafe, choir rehearsal room and accomodation for meetings etc.